Tea Rituals for gracefully transitioning during early Winter. Vata/kapha season .
Less sunlight and more cloudy days means cold , damp and heavy.
- start your day with a great breakfast – nourishing oatmeal
- now is the time where you can truly enjoy a cup of spicy chai.
- spices for a winter chai – dry ginger, cinnamon, clove, black pepper, cardamon, turmeric, pippali, licorice,
- herbs and spice that are warming and stimulating are fantastic
- I prefer adding turmeric to my chai or in foods generally as during this time flu and colds are common – these ingredients are anti bacterial and may protect you from infections.
My suggestion on Winter herbs and teas
- curry leaves, sage, rosemary, spearmint,parsley, dill,wintergreen,thyme,tarragon, oregano,
- healing teas- lavender,lemongrass,nettle, peppermint, passionflower, Yerba mate,fenugreek, hibiscus, jasmine.
Leave a Reply